The Marketing Assistant is responsible for creating and promoting our consumer facing content, helping renters through every phase of their journey and drawing attention to the key issues affecting renters. Our purpose is to help CoVerd become known for our authoritative research and guiding advice, ultimately creating a brand that renters know and love. Through our work, we drive more renters to our site, ultimately helping more people find a place to call home.
We are looking for someone to join our team in order to scale our outreach and content promotion efforts. The role will tackle several of our most important processes, and will require many hats. From researching new prospects to creating email campaigns to writing summaries of our research and articles, this role will be a key support function for the entire comms organization.
Here's what you'll do as part of the team:
- Research new prospects for our content and research promotion efforts, identifying journalists, bloggers, writers, institutions, and other interested individuals who we should target when distributing our content
- Design and execute the promotion plan for research and consumer content pieces, including collaborating with the broader communications organization for streamlined execution, building the outreach communication and executing on the outreach
- Track the impact of our outreach efforts by owning our comms metric tracker, updating daily with incoming mentions and links
- Manage contractors who perform research and other tasks through Upwork
- Assist with writing summaries of our research and content for interested journalists and bloggers when needed
Here are the skills and experience you'll need to be successful:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with a BS/BA in communications, marketing, or business preferred
- Excited by process, learn new systems easily, and are always looking for ways to improve or optimize a flow
- Clear and concise communication, with the ability to craft thoughtful and insightful emails that highlight the value of our content
- Being flexible and adaptable invigorates you, the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Bonus if you are innately excited by the world of SEO and content marketing, as this will be your day to day
And here is what's in it for you:
- Be a part of an exceptional team: our hiring bar is absurdly high and your colleagues are talented, motivated, self- starters
- A great office environment in the heart of SOMA: surrounded by restaurants and coffee shops, located just three blocks from the ballpark
- Lots of cool team building events, team off-sites, company ski trip, and an annual sales conference which is followed up with an epic closing party!